Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mabon


Well another harvest celebration is coming up. What are your plans for the Mabon this year?

Mabon is the second harvest of the season and it is also the Autumn Equinox. It is time to stop and think about what you are most thankful for. Lammas we honored the God and Goddess for the harvest and all they do. Mabon is time that we are thankful for all our blessings that we have. Winter will soon be approaching and we need to prepare for Winters long nap. The Winter is the hardest time of the year but at Mabon we renew our hopes as we prepare to survive the Winter and the next year. We have already started to can and bottle from our last harvest and we will continue in our preparations.

If you have your own farm, then it is time to weed out any animal that won’t survive the slumber of Winter. Soon the weather will be getting colder and we need to make sure your home is secured and weatherized. It is time to make sure all your winter blankets and clothes are found in preparation to be used when the time is at hand. It is still hot outside but it will soon be changing and you want to make sure that everything is in reach. It is time to clean up and prepare your yard for what is to come. Soon the leaves will be falling off the trees and beautiful as it may be it can cause problems with your gutters. So before the icy winds approach we need to check out our gutters and clean them out as they will soon be full again with Autumn’s colorful leaves. As we are cleaning remember that you may want to save some Autumn leaves to burn at Yule or use at Samhain. You can collect your empty vines and make laurels or wreaths.

Apples began to ripe at Lammas so by now they are ready to be canned and bottled. My mother has stomach problems and she eats applesauce every day to help it. So this year I am making plans to freeze or bottle apples to last us throughout the Winter. My co-worker brings in her squash to share with us. I will be chopping that up and freezing that to so we can have squash too.

As Mabon approaches we need to make plans on how we want to celebrate it. For most Pagans, Mabon is considered to their version of Thanksgiving. It is time to be with family and friends. We sometimes really don’t take the time to say thank you for everything they do for us. So at this time I want to take the time to be thankful for those that have stood by me through the good and the bad times. In this economy today, I am thankful for my job. We still have a roof over our heads (knock on wood). We have food on the table, it is not much but we are not starving. There are times that I do feel that I am drowning but I am still treading water so I am glad of that. I am blessed with all my sisters and brothers at Eastern Star, their friendship and moral support has meant the world to me. I am also blessed with all my sisters and brothers at Sunstave and the Sacred Circle in Utah. They have invited me into their lives and home and it has been great. I am also very blessed to all my friends on Facebook. Now some people laugh at that but I really do mean that. I have lost my father, brother and several of my friends so I really do take my friendships seriously. Friends come and go in your life and some of them have not been around for a while but I still consider them to be my friends and I hold onto the good times that we had. In the end that is all we have of each other are the good times and I am very thankful for all those good memories. I have lost my faith many times and it is those memories that keep me going.

So I am very much thankful for all my friends and I am proud and honored to have known all of them. So at this time, take the time out to remember all those that have inspired you at one time or another in your life. I lost 6 friends in one crash, so life is short so don’t waste another year before telling your friends and family how you feel about them. So at this time remember all of them and ask for blessing for each of them.

So as I close today I want to say that I appreciate that you took the time to read this. I hope that you take the message of friendship and love from this. So I hope this Mabon you have great blessings and enjoy all that you have. Take time to say “I Love You,” as it will bring joy to your friend and family. Blessed be my friends.

Coriander Bats 2012 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment