Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Beetlejuice


Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beet…. Stop and think if you want to really summon, ..you know who. The story starts off with the death of Barbara and Adam Maitland. They are stuck in their house that they built to their design only to have it sold to a New York couple. Charles Deetz just wants to get away from the big city and relax. Delia on the other hand is an artist and want to turn the house into a strange house of horrors. I must say the art is truly in the eye of the beholder. Lydia on the other hand is strange and unusual so she can see Barbara and Adam. 

Barbara and Adam try to scare off the Deetz but they don't and just make things worse. Enter you know who and but the Maitlands decied not to use him because he is too much of a loose cannon. The Deetz friend Otho is conducting an exorcism on them and Lydia has no choice but to ask for help. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice… It's show time.

Beetlejuice has a plan to save the Maitlands but marry Lydia to bring him back from exile. Things do not go to plan for him as he tricks the Maitlands, they trick him and send him back to the underworld. Afterword the Maitlands and the Deetz agree to live together in peace.
Now you got to admit that Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder stole the show but I loved the entire cast. Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis were just as cute as Jeffery Jones and Catherine O'Hara. This is one of top countdown to Halloween movies. I always look forward to seeing it. Now this show is not for the little ones with the dark and death theme in it but the teens will enjoy it. It is hilarious movie and director Tim Burton did a great job with the one-liners and the dark quirkiness. I give the move five skulls.

The other thing that you should look for is the cartoon on Beetlejuice. In the cartoon version Lydia and Beetlejuice are best friends and they share adventures together. Lydia goes into Beetlejuice's world and makes lots of new friends. The other tidbit that I saw on the internet is that they are in the plans of making a sequel to Beetlejuice. I look forward in finding out if they do make a second one.


          











      
       __.___.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.____.___.

Adam: What are your qualifications?

Beetlejuice: Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?
        ___.___.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.____.___.

Juno: What's wrong?
Barbara: We're very unhappy.
Juno: What did you expect? You're dead.
         ___.___.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.____.___.

Delia: Charles, I will not stop living and breathing art just because you need to relax.

Charles: Ha.

Delia: I'm here with you. I will live with you in this hellhole, but I must express myself. If you don't let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane, and I will take you with me!

Charles: [after a long pause] Yeah, well you know, maybe the house could use a little remodeling. Uh... But, why don't you just leave this room alone, okay?

Delia: [smiles] Okay.
         ___.___.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.__.___.___.___.___.____.___.

Lydia: They don't wanna come down.

Delia: Charles...

Otho: Why not?

Lydia: I think the reason is, is that they were trying to scare you away, and you didn't get scared.

Delia: Please, they're dead. It's a little late to be neurotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment