Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

King Tut Day crafts

On November 4th, 1922 King Tukankhamun tomb was discovered. They entered the tomb later that month but they celebrate King Tut on the day on November the 4th. So lets take some time to celebrate with some crafts. Here we go..



Here are some bracelets. They can be made from cardboard or plastic. It is a nice way to recycle some of those plastic bottles. I have seen some made from plastic cups too. Next you will need to know which kind of spay paint to buy. Some of them are not for plastic and some are There are some that you will need to buy a sealer to go with it. Don't be afraid to ask questions at your local craft shop. Go a head and use macaroni and other house hold stuff to embellish the cuffs.





Here are some Egyptian collars that are made from paper plates. There are different ways to cut them. The one above is a half collar that is tied off with string. The ones on the right are a full collar that does not need string.

As I was choked before I really don't like things tightly on my neck so if I was doing it for myself I would do the half collar. You will need to know your child to decide on which one to make.

You can use markers, water colors and even crayons to decorate them. Feel free to let them add some macaroni to give it a more 3-D look. You can add some jewels or glitter to make them stand out.

I hope these give you some good ideas. This will be a great idea for not only for King Tut Day but for all Egyptian holidays and maybe just dress up fun. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment