Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Kids and color

Addie is one years old and I have been singing her the ABC's since she was born. She may not sing them yet, but she does recognize them. I have been trying to get her to recognize her colors. I love different colored toys as we can play while learning. Here are some other ideas I got off of Pintrest and Facebook.


This is the one I want to make first. I have got lots of tubes from paper towels and tp rolls scattered around the house. Shanti can help color the tubes with me and then I will need to figure out how to attach them to a backing, but I will figure something out. Just remember that you need to be careful what kind of tape you use and if you are going to paint the tubes before or after they are attached. We have lots of pom poms in our crafts closet, but I can find more colorful things for Addie to put in the tubes.




This will be a good game to make for Shanti and Addie to play. I have lots of dice around the house so I can paint them or make a paper box. Paper boxes are not that hard to make. You buy colored paper and get it laminated or get colored card stock. If you have a large enough room you can make multiple colors and have them hop to the next color. An outside version is to sew or paint circles on a bed sheet and lay it out on the grass.



For Christmas I made cutouts of Addie's hands and put them on a foam stocking. It was a nice gift for Addie to give to all her Grandparents. All the Grandparents loved the stocking.

I like this idea as I can make more hand print of Addie and Shanti and stick them to the walls. It is also a nice project to do every year to show them how their hands have grown.

I  hope you and the tots will have fun playing any of these game. They not only teach them about the different colors, but it also fun to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment