Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Family fun on Ostara






Here is Addie's first Ostara celebration. My granddaughter is just the cutest little girl. It was a cold Ostara so we had to bundle up.





We spent Ostara at the park. I used the tables to put all the baskets out. There were lots of kids at the park so I used the tables.



As you can see I spoiled Addie. She loves to watch Shanti play with the hula hoop, so I found a smaller one for her. I also got her some books and socks.

I spoiled Aubrie and Aunt LaLa too. I got them head bands and butterflies. Aunt LaLa love Hello Kitty, so I got her Hello Kitty candy and cookie.




Cousin Nae likes to write so I got her a book and a superman puzzle. Superman is her favorite superhero.
Here is cousin Shanti and her box. Nae and Shanti will be getting an Easter basket from their mom on Easter, so I asked Shanti if she wanted a container. She said that she wanted a lunchbox so I got her a groovy lunchbox that even flashes. It is so Shanti and she loved it. I filled it up with lots of SpongeBob stuff. I only pray that Addie does not like SpongeBob, I went nuts with my niece Kaitlyn watching it everyday and I now have to put up with him when we are watching Shanti.
 
As I said before there were kids at the park so I had to hid the eggs on the table. I put Shanti and Nae's eggs on top and put Addie's eggs on the bottom. As Addie is in a throwing stage I used plastic eggs and put money and candy inside. I put socks in some of Addie's eggs. I could not find a lot of small items for the eggs so that is why I stuck to money and candy.

Aubrie and Aunt LaLa helped Addie to gather her eggs. It was not easy but it was a good learning experience. Shanti and Nae gathered their eggs too and we all had fun. I found some chalk that were egg shaped that I put on the table as Shanti likes to draw. Our driveway is covered with her artwork.

 Here is Nana feeding Addie. I was explaining Ostara to Aubrie and she felt that because of the egg and theme that we need to eat KFC. She said nothing sound better then fried chicken for Ostara. Well I am not a big fan of chicken so I decided that we could get some pizza too. I made macaroni salad and deviled eggs so why not pizza.
I even mad a little alter for the event. I got the star lights for Ostara so I turned them on and put the chick and bunny on it. I got the cupcake holder from the dollar store. They have them for different holidays so I transformed as a make shift alter. Unfortunately I did not take in account the weight problem. They eggs kept rolling off and you have to be careful to distribute the weight so it does not tip over. I still like the idea of using it but I need to figure out how to strengthen it. All in all, I think it worked out for a family event.

After we ate we decided to let the kids play on the playground. That is one of the reasons to do events at the park, right. Addie has a pink swing hanging from the tree at home and she loves it. We put her in the baby swing and her and Shanti swung. Then we took the girls to the slide. Addie was not too sure of it but in the end she had a great time.
We all had fun but there was that cold nip in the air so we had to cut our celebration short. We went home to get warm and rest. It was nice that Aubrie and her sister help me celebrate my holiday. This year there was no Ostara event in the area to go to. I guess everyone was too busy and usually if I can't find a group that is celebrating the holiday, then I celebrate it alone, so it was nice to do a family event.

No comments:

Post a Comment