Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Mabon Blessings

 
Tomorrow is the Autumn Equinox and it is time to get ready. As most of us work Monday thru Friday, we have to take the time off or start preparing early. As family problems came up and I am running out of my vacation time so I will have to prepare everything early. I am also 4 days short from payday and we are short on funds. The other problem that we have is, no oven. We have a broken oven and our kitchen has a drop in stove that is smaller than most stoves. We have looked for a new one but we can't find one small enough. So it is times like this that we need to be creative.

We have a beef pot roast in the freezer that I can whip up. We can also get some corn and apples from the store. A nice green salad would go lovely, chop up the apples and I could see if we have enough money to get some nuts. Toss in some croutons and we got a salad. Now my mother really likes poppy seed dressing and I rather enjoy greek or ranch and we have all of those in the fridge.


Now you can't have a pot roast without mashed potatoes. I remember an episode of Rachael Ray's 30 min meals, she made some smashed potatoes. She made them from real potatoes with milk, cream cheese and green onions. Now personally we have added sour cream to ours before and it has turned out great.

Next we need bread for us to break. Once again without an oven it is harder and sadder because I love homemade bread, but alas life is not that easy at times. We do have a toaster oven that we can use. I have some herb biscuits in the freezer or I have regular biscuits in the fridge. I think I will go with the herbs biscuits

So now that we have a plan on the meal, next is the blessing. I have found several different ones. Decisions, decisions, I really hate to make decisions. I have include my top 3 that I like. I will probably wait until the last minute to decide which one we will use.  I hope these will inspire you for your Mabon Blessings and that it will be an easier decision for you then it will be for me.

Pray for Abundance:

We have so much before us
on for this we are thankful.
We have so many blessings,
and for this we are thankful.
There are others not so fortunate,
and by this we are humbled.
We shall make an offering in their name
to the gods who watch over us,
that those in need are someday
as blessed as we are this day.


Mabon Balance Prayer

Equal hours of light and darkness
we celebrate
the balance of Mabon,
and ask the gods to bless us.
For all that is bad, there is good.
For that which is despair, there is hope.
For the moments of pain, there are moments of love.
For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.
May we find balance in our lives
as we find it in our hearts.


Simple Mabon Prayer

Lord and Lady, watch over us,
and bless us as we eat.
Bless this food, this bounty of earth,
we thank you, so mote it be.







We hope you have a great Mabon from our Cauldron to yours. Take the time not only to be thankful, but to tell others how thankful you are for them being in your life.

May the God and Goddess shine on you and your family.

Coriander Bats 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment