Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanksgiving crafts

My mother is always saying that Gobble Gobble, comes before HO HO HO. So Let's see what I have on my cd's.

 This is a nice little gift idea for kids. Get yellow tissue paper and rap the gifts. It looks like that they have used real corn husks but I guess you could cut some with green tissue paper too. Using the twine, I think makes it really rustic. It is a nice project to think about.


Of course as a Pagan candles are a must. This is a great way to accent the harvest theme.

 
I have my small tree up all year so I like the ornament ideas. This is really cute to take some sticks from you own trees in your yard and make mini trees for a center piece. Pumpkins and grains again give it the Harvest theme.  
 

Here is an idea for a decoration or candy holder. If you use a candle you must remember to make sure that your decorations are not in any danger of catching on fire. I have seen this idea before using plastic cups for kids to drink out of. I guess the kids would use a straw but I thought it was cute. You can find the fake leaves at the dollar stores and it looks like they have used wooden spoons for the turkey head and feet. The button is a cute touch, along with the heat nose. I guess if you cant find a proper nose your child could draw it.
























Here are some little decoration ideas that makes the harvest theme stand out.




I have seen these as hair clips. I have a daughter of a co-worker that makes hair clips. I got some cute ones for Addie. I may have to share them with you later.

These look like they have cut flowers in half and gluing the bodies on.  The bodies look like black snowmen. At the dollar store I got Christmas foam stickers. One of them are snowmen and I guess I could take a marker and make them black or brown. A couple of googlie eyes and a little nose and voila!

If you turn them into hair decorations, take a second look on how to attach the hair pin so it is facing the right way.











Lots of people, like my mother, loves wreathes. This is actually my favorite one. You use lots of ribbon but I love the effect.




Now remember what I have said about any craft, it is all about having fun and being creative. Those little imperfections that happen just gives your craft a personal touch. So have fun and be adventurous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment